Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is What I've Been Trying to Say!!!

And, as always, Piper says it better than I do!



(HT: Z)

2 comments:

  1. So, do you think "formal" small groups are the best way to accomplish this, or is it possible the better solution is to encourage and equip people to be in one another's lives as a way of life, speaking the gospel into one another's lives on a regular basis? Or, should a smallish church attempt to do both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know that there is a "best way."

    I'd say we should "encourage and equip people to be in one another's lives as a way of life, speaking the gospel into one another's lives on a regular basis."

    Small groups could help facilitate that, if it new to a body.

    But, small groups could also foster forgetfulness of the fact that the community we are called to is the church, and not a subset within it.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not posted. Please use your real name.