Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Son's Worship Song

My four year old got a guitar for his third birthday. He plays it every day. (He can't form chords yet, but he strums and sings at the top of his lungs.)

His favorite activity is writing worship songs. He has one he sings every day about "him who is the mighty Savior, who died for all our sins."

Today, his 5 year old brother transcribed his latest composition. Here is what we received on a piece of scrap paper (he does not yet use punctuation, spaces or capitals!):
osumlcumtogod
lcumtojsusgod
thlamhoiymgotlo
stinudithgodhas
avdmyfrumtdith
Here is what it says:
Awesome!
All come to God!
All come to Jesus God!
The lamb who I am got lost in a ditch.
God has saved me from the ditch.
This lamb can certain add, "Amen!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm very glad to be saved from the ditch, too! =D

    Someday, I will be able to say, "I knew him when..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...following in his daddy's footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the guitar has held up and the love of music is with him. Sounds like a team with one writing the lyrics and the other playing and singing. Their great-grandpa would be as proud as their grandpa is.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not posted. Please use your real name.