Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Must-Read Post for Every Husband (and Man Who Hopes to Be One)

In his post, "How important is it that a pastor love his wife more than his ministry?," Brian Croft links to an article by an anonymous former-seminary student whose idolatry of ministry-preparation cost him his marriage.

It was certainly convicting to read as, looking back, I think I was that seminary student in many ways. (My wife was, and is, very, very gracious.) And, I'm still learning.

What he has to say, though, is not limited to only seminary students and pastors. It applies to professors and students, pastors and members, to those who own their own businesses and those working up the corporate ladder, to those seeking jobs and those entering retirement. It applies to every husband. And is a warning to be well-heeded by every man looking forward to marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are not posted. Please use your real name.