Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reasons You Should Be Passionate About the Great Commission (from Isaiah 49:1-6)

This morning I delivered the first of three sermons addressing the question, "Why Should Northbrook be Passionate about the Great Commission?"

Here are the five truths I offered from Isaiah 49:1-6:
  1. God the Father is determined to get himself glory.
  2. God the Father is determined to get himself glory through the Son.
  3. God the Father is determined to get himself glory through the Son, the most glory possible.
  4. God the Father is determined to get himself glory through the Son, the most glory possible, by causing his salvation to read all the nations of the earth.
  5. This mission is continued and completed through the mission of the churchthe Great Commission.
Here are the two summary reasons I concluded with:
  1. We should be passionate about the Great Commission because its fulfillment is the culmination of the display of God's glory.
  2. We should be passionate about the Great Commission because the Great Commission cannot failfor God's glory depends on its success.

---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are not posted. Please use your real name.